- Wake up to the “Rick Joyner Experience” every M-F from 6AM-7AM!
- Be inspired by “Transformed Lives” with Pastor Priscellious Burress, every M-F from 8:30AM-8:45AM!
- Tune in to informative talk on “It’s A New Day” with Rip Daniels every M-F from 10AM-12PM!
- Listen to “Tyrone “Da Don” Davis” on the American Blues Network every Mon-Fri from 12-2PM!
- Enjoy “Blues In The Afternoon” with Dr. Love on your afternoon drive Mon.-Thurs. from 4-6PM.
- Enjoy Caribbean music starting with “Caribbean Affairs” with Lady D Saturday from 2PM-3PM & The MaHDD Energy Show with The Swankie Don from 4-6PM!
- Enjoy motivational & health based conversation with “Health Talk” with Dr. Diane Thompson every Thursday beginning at 6PM.
- SEC Football Roundup/100 YARDS OF FOOTBALL featuring Roy and Troy Beecham, and hosted by Vincent Turner Wednesdays 7PM-9PM.
- Tune in for great Sports news, interviews, and Live listener call in on REAL TALK SPORTS with Jonathan Simmons. Thursdays 7PM-8PM
- Listen to lively Sports talk on the weekend on 100 YARDS OF FOOTBALL With Vincent Turner and The Crew Saturdays 10-1130AM
- Tune in for provocative and entertaining conversation with Saun Edward In Your Ear every Sunday 9:30-11AM
“Blues In The Afternoon”with Dr.Love”
‘Caribbean Affairs’ With Lady D
‘Highway to Heaven’ With Kevin Buchannon
Recent Article in the Clayton News Daily: Think you can host your own talk show? Bring it on. You’ll have to buy the time and work with WIGO management to do it, of course, but you’re more than welcome to give it a shot. WIGO — also known as “Atlanta’s Incredible Radio”, WIGO AM 1570 — wasn’t always quite like this. With an FCC license for Morrow since the late 1950s, the station chugged along as a more conventional country-music station for most of its existence. Over the last decade, it’s tried various formats, including Spanish and then gospel. It settled on its current format — a variety of gospel music, church programming, Blues & Classic R&B and talk — 3 years ago. “We’ve been fine-tuning it since then”, Young says. The call letters WIGO are “classic call letters from Atlanta’s past,” according to General Manager Larry Young. At one time, WIGO-AM and WAOK-AM were the pre-eminent black stations in Atlanta. When those call letters became available a few years ago, the station management snapped them up. While this isn’t exactly your father’s WIGO — the original WIGO was at 1340 kHz and run by someone else — the call letters fit the station’s current listener profile. Young says the station targets African-American females, ages 25-54, with about 60 percent of the listeners being female. Have an idea for a radio program? Give us a call. 404-361-1570
BREAKING NEWS: GA Republican Party makes historic pitch to African American voters on WIGO AM 1570
As reported on AJC.com Political Insider by Jim Galloway “We now have a pretty clear picture of the messages Republicans and Democrats are sending to African-American voters in the last few days leading up to Nov. 4. Playing this morning on WIGO (1570AM), a black gospel music station in Morrow is a 30-second spot from the Georgia Republican party, narrated by Bishop William Sheals, pastor of Hopewell Missionary Baptist.
Bishop Sheals speaks on behalf of Georgia Governor Nathan Deal in the ads. Bishop Sheals urges voters to support Governor Deal for his support of education, jobs and shorter prison incarceration. Listen to this ground breaking message now.
WIGO IN THE COMMUNITY: BUSINESS AND POLITICS
LIVE BROADCAST FROM FRIENDS OF CLAYTON TRANSIT . CONG. DAVID SCOTT ,GA STATE SEN VINCENT FORT AND GAIL DAVENPORT
CLAYTON COUNTY CHAMBER BREAKFAST MEETING-SOUTHERN REGIONAL HOSPITAL UPDATE
WIGO “Listener of The Week”
Each week WIGO will pick a winner from its Facebook fans and Twitter followers. The winner will receive prizes from the promotions we have that month. This may include concert tickets, coupons, discounts, and more.
Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, or here on the website. Hit us up. You could be a winner!
Our Listener of The WEEK Oct. 27th – MICHAEL BARLOW!
Michael Barlow from Riverdale, GA. Says he was turned on by a friend and has “turned up” ever since! ” Love the programming!” Congratulations to Michael for being our Incredible Listener of the Week!
Program Director Kevin Buchannon wins award at ‘Deacons in Devotion’ Event Sun Sept 21 2014
Program Director Kevin Buchannon
WIGO broadcasts and hosts The After Work Blues and BBQ Jam Stay tuned for the next date.
Thank you to Mayor Evelyn Dixon & Staff and all for supporting our historic summer concert series, the Afterwork Blues & BBQ Jam @ The Riverdale Town Center in Riverdale, GA! It was a great success! Look for more Blues & BBQ Jams this Fall! Click HERE for Pictures from event
WIGO GM Larry Young and Riverdale Mayor Evelyn Wynn Dixon
WIGO is a proud member of the Clayton County Chamber. Click HERE to see upcoming Chamber events
We are the ONLY radio station based and located in Clayton County.
Committed to the community.
Where You Go WIGO
WIGO AM-1570 is a proud Affiliate of the Sheridan Gospel Network and The American Blues Network
Website by CHRISTIAN MEDIA ENTERPRISES. LLC